Headlamp use has skyrocketed over the last decade. In 2022, headlamps are selling fast and furious because people are finding so many uses for them.
WHAT IS A HEADLAMP?
We’re talking about LED lights you wear on your head, not the headlights in the front of your automobile. Headlamps in 2022 are very strong LED lights wrapped in plastic or metal and supported on your head by a strap that goes around your head, and one that goes overtop. Weight and size are somewhat varied, and there are MANY different uses for headlamps which you can see below.
Here are 3 Headlamps we have and Recommend:
More great headlamps we recommend:
HEADLAMP USES | Many, and Varied!
- Emergency Backup Lighting – for electricity power outages headlamps are ideal.
- Running, Cycling, Skiing, Caving, Hunting, Fishing – lightweight headlamps have great utility for sports and the outdoors.
- Automobile Repair – whether fixing your Ford or Porsche, you’ll need a reliable headlamp in your garage for hard to see areas.
- Camping – remote places have no electricity, durable headlamps are life-savers.
- Boating – if you lose your power, you’re going to need a strong headlamp for every crew member.
- Automobile Emergency – everyone should have a couple of headlamps in their trunk.
- Oil Rig Work and other Explosive Environments – specially built headlamps by Petzl are certified as safe in explosive environments.
HEADLAMP PROS & CONS
- HIGH OUTPUT LIGHT SOURCE available anywhere. Inefficient tungsten lights are GONE. LED is far superior, and the best headlamps have them.
- LIGHTWEIGHT and EASY TO STORE and TRAVEL with.
- HIGH TECH! Massive changes to the headlamps of yesterday mean better reliability, better waterproofing, even mobile app controllable.
- Many EMERGENCY USES.
- VARIETY OF PRICES to meet All Budgets ($30 to $500)
- RELIABILITY – you can count on your headlamp to last for years.
- MORE USES THAN FLASHLIGHTS – take a headlamp off your head anytime and hold it, or wrap the strap around your arm or neck to provide light anytime. Can’t do that with a flashlight!
- NO ONE LIGHT DOES IT ALL. It just isn’t in headlamp manufacturers’ best interests to create one headlamp that literally does it all. They’d only be selling one headlamp! So, specialization of each headlamp toward a specific set of use-cases means consumers (you) have to choose the RIGHT ONE for what you need it for. We make it easy for you.